Crystal Taq™ DNA Polymerase
Crystal Taq™ DNA Polymerase
The world’s first Taq polymerase free from background bacterial animal DNA contamination, following a breakthrough in enzyme production.
● Engineered for highly sensitive applications; qPCR and RT-PCR
● High yield and zero contamination, insuring sample longevity
● Cleaner Amplicons for Pyrosequencing
● This enzyme is from a recombinant source
100 Cycle Certification
The enzyme does not show any nonspecific endo- or exo-nuclease activities. The result of 16S assay on our Crystal Taq™ DNA polymerase showed no bacterial DNA contamination after 100 PCR cycles.
● Gene Amplification (PCR) and Sequencing
● Pyrosequencing and Sanger Sequencing
● The lack of background bacterial and animal DNA will minimize non-specific amplification of target regions. Current levels of contamination in commercial competitor reagents reduce the quality and accuracy of whole genome sequencing. The technology behind Crystal Taq™ will greatly increase the efficiency of random genome amplification for sequencing.
● Higher sensitivity will increase overall accuracy. Crystal Taq™ will reduce the overall need for repetitive testing. Required fluorescent dye for real time PCR not included, but available for purchase.
● Crystal Taq™ will create cleaner amplicons resulting in a higher resolution sequencing result.
● Dramatically reduces false positive rates. Lack of background bacterial and animal DNA will increase the accuracy of diagnostics tests.
Crystal Taq™ DNA Polymerase is from Thermus aquaticus. It is a thermostable enzyme with 5’-3’ DNA polymerase activity and 5'-3’ exonuclease activity, while lacking 3’-5’ exonuclease (proofreading) activity. The enzyme is free from bacterial and animal DNA. This first truly pure enzyme will greatly aid new generations of sequencing technologies, while being a superior component to pathogen testing in Clinical Medicine, Food-Borne contamination, Quality Assurance, Forensics, Water Treatment, Veterinary & Agriculture and Bioterrorism.
Packaging: 5 units /μL
Storage Temperature: -25°C to -15°C
Taq Storage Buffer:
20 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.0 at 25°C
100 mM KCl
0.1 mM EDTA
1 mM DTT
0.5% IGEPAL CA-630
PCR Buffer (10x):
100 mM Tris-HCl, pH 8.3 at 25°C
500 mM KCl
15 mM MgCl2
|50 Reaction Volume||Final Concentration|
|Water (ddH2O)||adjust for 50 µl final volume|
|10X PCR buffer||5 µl||1X|
|10 mM dNTPs||1 µl||0.2 mM of each|
|10 µM Forward primer||1.5 µl||0.3 µM|
|10 µM Reverse primer||1.5 µl||0.3 µM|
|Template DNA||Varies||< 0.02 µg/µl|
|Taq DNA polymerase||.5 µl||2.5 U/50 µl|
|PCR cycling set-up (25-35 cycles)|
|Initial Denaturation||95˚C for 2 min|
|Denaturation||95˚C for 30 sec|
|Annealing||50˚- 68˚C for 30 sec|
|Extension||72˚C for 1 min/kb|
|Final Extension||72˚C for 5 min|
Notes: DNA templates should preferably be pure. Chemical agents, ionic detergents (such as SDS) and other DNA damaging agents should be avoided. For routine applications, 25 to 35 PCR cycles is usually enough to provide sufficient copies of the target sequence.
*Usage: This product is for research use only in molecular biology applications and is not yet intended for use in diagnostic procedures. Purchase of this product does not include a license to perform any patented application; therefore it is the users responsibility to determine if any license agreement might be needed prior usage of this product. Practicing real-time require additional licensing from Roche or Applied Biosystems.